Friday, October 9, 2015

Motherhood.

Being a mom is hard. Between the sleepless nights, never ending laundry, diapers, and feedings...it's just, in one word: exhausting. It's funny, when people find out I'm a stay at home mom they often ask questions like: "do you ever get bored?" "what do you do all day?" "are you going back to work anytime soon?" These questions used to bother me a lot. Because I would not really have an answer to them. But now that I am a seasoned mother of 8 months, (I hope you sense the sarcasm...) these questions no longer bother me. I have an answer to them. *eyeroll No, I am never bored. I spend my days with one of my favorite people in the whole world. We do everything together. We make a great team: he makes messes, I clean them up. He's hungry, I feed him. He needs a diaper change, I change it. He needs a bath, I bathe him. He wants to play, I play with him. He's kind of a needy friend, but I don't mind because when I need love, he loves me. And there is nothing better. I have the greatest job in the world being his mom. I would not want to be doing anything else with my life right now.

I didn't think I could love my husband any more when we first became parents. But as I have watched him grow as a father, my love for him has grown stronger. I don't want this to be a post of me bragging about my great life. But I just couldn't not (double negative) say something about him. His love and support is the only thing that gets me through most days.




I hope to be back to blogging regularly. So until next time!

x Katie Anne

2 comments:

  1. I love how you wrote this post! You will never regret your time spent alone with your baby at home. p.s. Van is the cutest baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Nice to have fellow moms who can relate!

      Delete