Monday, September 22, 2014

oh BOY.


It's a BOY! Looks like my "maternal instincts" are malfunctioning...I was almost certain my little "it" was a girl, but I was wrong (fancy that.) And I am completely okay with it! We could not be more excited, really I don't think we could be. 

My sweet as can be sister put together a little "gender reveal" for us as opposed to the traditional finding out in the doctors office. It was PERFECT. She, with the help of some friends, put together a little box full of blue to tell us that we're having a boy. I must admit, from the time I entered the doctors office to the moment we stood beneath that tree seemed like the LONGEST 3 hours of my life. Dave and I almost gave in and told the nurse to just tell us already, we were so excited. But I am SO glad we decided to do it this way. We were able to share the moment with family via FaceTime and close friends. One friend was good enough to catch the moment on film for us:


Now knowing that he is a he, this whole pregnancy thing seems SO much more real. I feel bad because I've been calling him her for a while now and singing Taylor Swift's Shake it Off telling her (who is really a him) that I can't wait to have dance parties with her (him.) Hopefully he'll still be down for that...

I've become one of those women who start their baby shopping the moment they find out the gender. I've already picked out the majority of what I want for the nursery (Peter Pan themed, obviously,) and I have a bunch of adorable little outfits in my basket online on numerous sites. My next step is to create a registry! 

Now it's just a matter of us finding the perfect name for our little guy. I can't wait to see you in just 4 months my little man! (Ah, I'm going to be a mom in 4 months...is this real!?)




1 comment: