Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just a little DIY

Lately, I've been in love with the idea of DIY projects. My Pinterest board is full of wonderful & beautiful things that I dream of one day creating for my future home. 

While I've dabbled in projects here and there--(most of which including the simplicity of mod podging scrapbook paper to wooden objects & feeling so artsy)-- tonight I completed a project with the help of some friends that I am in LOVE with.


We started with some old barn wood, nails, a hammer, & an outline of Idaho. We simply taped the outline where we wanted it & began hammering away along the outline. (This took a little bit longer than expected...but, in the end--totally worth it.)
After hammering nails along the outline of the state, we hammered nails along the outline of the board. (& this took much longer than expected...mostly because I was too focused on aligning them perfectly. Which was very unnecessary in the end because, with the yarn you cannot even tell how well aligned the nails are.) 

After hammering all those nails in the wood, we took some colorful yarn of our choice and began weaving it back and forth between the outline of the state & the outline of the board. (Naturally, I struggled with this and many times ended up morphing my Idaho becoming to weave crazy...so if you're planning on trying this out--don't do that.)


We decided to add a little heart where we live & met our sweethearts to add a little personalized touch, which is my favorite part!

I think the reason why I loved this project so much is because it was SO simple, and turned out SO adorable. If you're looking for a fun & easy DIY project, give this a try!
PS- I can in no way take any credit for the creativity behind this project. That pretty thing in the middle, Aubree, is basically a DIY goddess. I mean, check out that wall behind us, all her. 

1 comment: